Breakfast at the Ivy House B & B
- We know you will enjoy your breakfast at the Ivy House B & B!
- You will be awakened by fresh coffee and baking aromas make their way up the stairs in the morning.
- We serve a full candlelit breakfast with fine china and silver.
- Your breakfast will consist of coffee or specialty teas, juice, fresh fruit with our signature dip, and entree.
- It might be Pecan Roll, French Toast with Bacon, Ham and Cheese Soufflé with a fresh baked goods, or one of the many specialties of the innkeepers.
- If you are a returning guests and there is something you enjoyed before, please let the Linda know ahead of time and she will be happy to make it for you.
Enjoy a few of our favorite recipes.
Pecan Roll French Toast
10 slices of cubed Pepperidge Farms White Bread ( it must be a dense bread)
2 cups milk
1 1/12 cup half and half cream
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup real butter
1 1/3 light brown sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 cup of pecans
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Arrange cubes of bread in the bottom of pan.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread cubes, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup; heat until hot and sugar is dissolved then add nuts.
Remove dish from oven and pour mixture over evenly. The mixture will flow down into the bread.
This is one of our most requested dishes.
Ham and Cheese Soufflé
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Four eggs (large)
Two table spoons of sour cream
Salt and pepper
Chopped Ham or Bacon and Cheese
Spray ramekins with Pam and add ham, sausage or bacon and cheese.
Mix eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper together and pour into 5 oz ramekins over the meat and cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve right out of oven.
This will make two. It can also be made the night before and baked in the morning.